Gutters Play a Crucial Role in Protecting Your Home
Gutters direct rainwater and melting snow away from your house, preventing damage to your foundation and your home’s exterior. Gutters that are clogged, misaligned or damaged cannot work effectively, which can lead to problems related to moisture throughout your house and property.
Gutters We Install:
- Gutter Covers
- Box Gutter
- Composite Railings
- K-style Gutter
- Square Line
Here are some signs that it’s time to replace your gutters:
- Your gutters are sagging, pulling away from the house, hanging down or leaning more towards the front, or your seamed gutters are loose, coming apart at the seams or too worn to be reattached.
- Your gutters are rusted, bent, dented, broken or cracked beyond repair.
- There are gaps between the gutter connections or between the gutters and the fascia boards to which they are attached.
- There are nails or broken fasteners that have fallen from loose gutters to the ground.
- There is standing water in your gutters.
- Water is leaking into the basement of your house.
- Water that is flowing toward your foundation instead of being diverted away from it is causing cracks in the foundation.
- Moisture from leaking gutters is leading to the growth of mold in your house’s basement, foundation or façade.
- The paint on your house is peeling, wood behind the gutters is corroding or there are rust stains on the house. This could be due to water backsplashing or overflowing and running down the backs of the gutters and along the house. This is a sign that your gutters are worn, clogged or misaligned.
- When it rains, you hear water smacking to the ground. This means the water is pouring over the sides of the gutters, which is a sign that they are misaligned or blocked.
- There are puddles of water around your home after it rains.
- Water channels are forming in your landscaping or your landscaping is washing out or eroding.
If you are experiencing any of these problems, now is the time to replace your gutters. Don’t wait until heavy winter snow comes. When it melts, the water can cause your gutters to overflow, which can result in significant damage to your home.
Contact K.P. LaMarco & Associates today at (203) 415-6773 to get more information about our gutter installation services.