Why Asphalt Roofing?
Asphalt roofing shingles are the type most commonly used on homes. Asphalt makes the shingles waterproof, holds granules in place and increases the shingles’ overall strength. Quality asphalt roofing shingles will not dry out or become hard or brittle for the life of the roof.
At K.P. LaMarco & Associates, we install and repair roofs using three types of CertainTeed asphalt shingles:
Strip Asphalt Roofing
- Strip asphalt roofing shingles have a single layer that is usually designed to look like slate.
- Strip asphalt shingles have the lightest weight.
- They are built with a tough fiberglass base and will resist blowing off and tearing.
- Strip asphalt roofing shingles are used to replace shingles when a roof is being repaired or when a homeowner is looking for an economical solution to replace an entire roof.
Dimensional Asphalt Roofing
- Dimensional asphalt roofing shingles have multiple layers for a thicker and richer appearance.
- They are heavier than strip shingles and carry a better warranty, which can last from 30 years to lifetime.
Premium Asphalt Shingles
- Premium asphalt, or laminated, roofing shingles have a different appearance than dimensional shingles.
- Premium asphalt shingles have designs that resemble natural slate or natural shake roofing shingles.
- They can also have other features, such as impact resistance or solar reflectivity, to reduce energy costs and extend the life of the roof.
CertainTeed Asphalt Shingles
CertainTeed manufactures a wide selection of strip, dimensional, and premium asphalt shingles.
At K.P. LaMarco & Associates, we will explain all of your asphalt roofing options and help you choose the type that fits your needs and budget.
Call us today at (203) 415-6773 to find out how we can put our knowledge and experience to work to repair or replace your roof and increase your home’s energy efficiency and value.