Fiber Cement Siding from James Hardie
Fiber cement exterior siding is a popular choice for many homeowners in Connecticut. This durable, long-lasting material can stand up to the elements and is available in an array of colors to suit any house.
Fiber cement siding is made from cement, sand, and wood fiber. It resembles other siding materials, such as stucco, cedar shingles and wood clapboards. It is a good choice for a home for several reasons:
- Although it costs more than vinyl, fiber cement siding costs less than other materials.
- Fiber cement siding resists damage from fire, wind, rain and insects.
- Fiber cement siding is recommended in all climates, but it is especially well suited to hot, humid areas. It will not rot, no matter how wet the climate.
- Since it is made from cement and sand, fiber cement siding is resistant to termites.
- Fiber cement siding has low maintenance costs due to its durability.
- Fiber cement planks are available with wood-grained or smooth finishes. They come in a variety of widths, which makes it possible to match the siding on a garage or addition to the rest of a house.
- Fiber cement siding can be primed and painted either at the factory or at the house at the time of installation. It is easy to paint with water-based acrylic paint. Since it expands and contracts less than wood siding, paint stays in place better. Painted fiber cement siding rarely peels or blisters. It only needs to be painted every 15 to 25 years, compared to every three to five years as required for wood siding.
- Warranties for fiber cement siding are typically up to 50 years.
At K.P. LaMarco & Associates, we install quality fiber cement siding made by James Hardie, a leader in the industry. Our professional installers have many years of experience installing fiber cement siding on houses throughout Connecticut.
Contact us today at (203) 415-6773 to learn more about how our attractive and durable fiber cement siding can improve the appearance and value of your home.