Install Pressure Treated Decking from K.P. LaMarco
If you are planning to install a new deck at your home, nothing compares with the rich appearance of natural wood. However, wood is susceptible to damage from moisture and insects. Fortunately, wood decking can be pressure-treated to shield it from these types of damage.
Pressure-treated wood is placed in a depressurized holding tank that removes air and replaces it with a chemical preservative. This protects the wood from damage caused by rot and insects.
At K.P. LaMarco & Associates, we install pressure-treated wood decks on homes throughout Connecticut. There are several reasons why pressure-treated wood is a good choice:
- Pressure-treated wood is less expensive than other decking materials, such as cedar. If you want the appearance of natural wood without the hefty price tag, pressure-treated wood will cost you significantly less than other materials.
- Pressure-treated wood is easier to maintain than other types of decking.
- Pressure-treated wood is one of the most durable materials you can choose for your deck. Other types of wood, such as cedar, can become weathered, but pressure-treated wood can stand up to the elements. A pressure-treated deck will be even more durable if it is sealed and can last 10 to 15 years before needing to be replaced.
- Pressure-treated wood decking often has a greenish tint that can fade quickly to an attractive silvery gray color if it is not sealed or stained soon after installation. If you would prefer another color for your deck, pressure-treated wood can easily take on the color of many varnishes or sprays.
- K.P. LaMarco & Associates can install a high-quality, long-lasting pressure-treated wood deck on your home that will increase your usable outdoor space and enhance your house’s beauty and value.
Call us today at (203) 415-6773 to learn more about your pressure-treated wood deck options.