Install Decking Using Specialty Woods
Nothing matches the appearance of high-quality wood for a deck in the backyard or around the pool. K.P. LaMarco & Associates installs decks with a variety of specialty wood species, including mahogany, teak, ipe and Brazilian cherry. While these woods may be more expensive than some of our other decking materials, they are popular choices among many homeowners. Each species has its distinct advantages.
- Has a natural warmth, beauty and rich color.
- Is strong, durable and resistant to scratches and other damage.
- Resists damage from rain and moisture.
- Is less prone to splitting than other species.
- Naturally resists rot and decay.
- Can last 25 years or longer.
- Has an attractive and versatile appearance. Fades to a beautiful gray or silver color as time goes by.
- Does not require surface treatment.
- Has natural oils that repel insects.
- Has a non-slip surface.
- Is easy to clean and maintain.
- Does not rot or decay.
- Can withstand heavy traffic and frequent use.
- Does not scratch or splinter.
- Has natural oils that make it extremely insect-resistant.
- Does not absorb heat, so the surface stays cool.
- Resists growth of mold and fungus.
- Is more slip-resistant than some other species.
- Lasts longer than composite decking materials.
- Has beautiful colors ranging from orange-brown to deep red-brown. Some planks have contrasting gray-brown streaks. The colors grow darker and richer when they are exposed to light.
- Closely resembles teak, but is much less expensive.
- Is very hard and durable.
- Resists damage from insects and termites.
- Is extremely resistant to rot.
K.P. LaMarco & Associates installs decks made with premium specialty woods at homes throughout Connecticut.
Call us today at (203) 415-6773 to learn more about the advantages of installing a deck made from mahogany, teak, ipe or Brazilian cherry at your house.